Wednesday, May 5, 2010

South Fork Yuba River - 4/18/10

So, our tip acctually statrted about two weeks ago and we are finally getting around to writing about it now. The first stop on our trip was a beautiful day on the South Fork of the Yuba River, near where Elizabeth grew up. The water is snowmelt from the Sierra Nevada mountains, and is cold enough to make your legs numb in about 30 seconds. Luckily the air temperature was around 75 degrees and we spent around 4 hours hiking and lounging on the sun-heated rocks. Below is a video we shot, as well as some pictures I took.

-Dave

South Fork Yuba River - 100418





Heading down the trail:
0102

Looking back down the valley:
03

First sight of the river:
04

Lookig up the valley:
0506



Some more shots:
07
09

1 comment:

  1. Wow-Elizabeth I can understand now why you rave about that river. It looks amazing-must experience that if you ever come back to us. So in a sorta of joking matter the baking soda and vinegar you gave me is coming into a lot of use when I have washed my bedding for the third time now and trying to get the cat piss aroma out : /
    I am so stoked I get to follow you guys on this blog-glad you guys made it there safe!
    How frustrating I was gonna post a picture of the whole family-me and the katz ^,,^purr but it wont load.

    ReplyDelete